If you wish to create a message sequence using a CSV file instead of a LinkedIn search, follow the steps below.
(Last Edited April 11th, 2022)
The process of creating an Invitation Sequence is similar - except this time, you will be using a CSV file instead of a LinkedIn URL search.
In this article we will review:
- Download Sample File
- What to include in a CSV file?
- Details to consider when Preparing a CSV File
- How to save a CSV file?
- Create an Messaging Sequence using a CSV File
Before going through the detailed steps, first prepare your CSV file.
Download Sample File
You will be able to find a Sample File when setting up your sequence under the "Define Target Audience" section.
What to include in a CSV file?
The fields shown in the sample file below are in the accepted format for Kennected. Follow that example before uploading your CSV file.
Note: If you don't have gender, position, or recent post from a prospect then leave the space blank.
The Gender, Position and Recent Post will help you craft a personalized message.
Details to Consider when Preparing a CSV File:
- Cell A1 must have a header description called "LinkedinURL"
- The following rows must only have Linkedin URLs
- All LinkedIn URLs must start with "https://linkedin.com/in/", followed by the person's designated LinkedIn profile tag. Search for URLs with HTTP: or /pub/ and replace them with HTTPS: and /in/
- Anything not beginning containing "https://linkedin.com/in/" will not be accepted and must be deleted from the CSV file. Company URLs are not supported by Kennected.
Messaging Sequence: The CSV list should have only 1st-degree connections. If the list includes 2nd or 3rd-degree connections you could get an error in your sequence.
Invitation Sequence: If the list includes 1st-degree connections, CloudKennect will skip them. You will only send invites to 2nd or 3rd-degree connections in your list.
How to save a CSV file?
Do not use SYMBOLS (‘-_*”$%#!) when saving your file.
Save file as a CSV (Comma delimited) (*.csv)
And then click "Save"
Create a Message Sequence using a CSV File
1. Click Sequences.
2. Click Add New.
3. Select Messaging Sequence.
4. Add the Sequence Name, Working Hours and click Next.
5. Click to Upload CSV File.
6. Select the file from your computer/laptop.
7. Make sure you've added a CSV format and click Next.
8. Set your Connection Message and select Submit.
Note: If you have any questions regarding "How to Create a Messaging Sequence Using a CSV file", contact us at email@example.com or file a ticket on this page.