Learn more about LinkedIn jail, LinkedIn account restriction, and how they relate to your Kennected account here.
'LinkedIn Jail' is simply a term for having a restriction on one's account placed by LinkedIn. It is a serious matter as it can have a negative impact on a user's lead generation and career progress.
Why did I get restricted?
Your LinkedIn account may be temporarily restricted from sending invitations to people for the following reasons:
- You have sent too many invitations within a short amount of time and many of them have been ignored or left pending
- Close to 250-500 pending invites on your LinkedIn - View Pending Invites on LinkedIn Article
- You are sending 100 invites per day on a free LinkedIn account (Not Premium or Sales Navigator) with less than 500 connections.
- You went from 1 invite per day to 100 invites per day in a day's time
- You have reached the Commercial Account Limit (CAP) for the account you have on LinkedIn; this usually happens when using the free version of LinkedIn
- Somebody tagged you as a spammer or a lot of people has clicked "I don't know this person" after receiving your invite.
Note: If your account has been temporarily restricted, it will automatically be re-enabled the next week. Repeated temporary restrictions may result in permanent restriction of your LinkedIn account
Am I in LinkedIn Jail?
- Try sending a manual invitation to connect from your LinkedIn account. If it asks for an email or the invite doesn't send, then you are in LinkedIn Jail.
- Don't Panic! Your account will go into a cooling period and will change the per day limit to 0 between 6 and 72 hours before running the sequence once again to prevent further restrictions. It might be tempting and you might be thinking of manually reaching out to prospects, but it's best if you don't.
- The week after you get restricted, continue with the sequence. Click on the "Activity Log" (can be accessed by clicking on the sequence name), and then click Refresh. Start warming your account manually by doing 10 invites daily and gradually increase it by intervals of 10 every week or automatically by configuring your Account Warmup. Read more here - How to use the Account Warmup Feature?
If the restrictions are still not lifted during that time, you need to contact LinkedIn to submit a ticket. Please check the link below to guide you on how to create one.
Caution: Do NOT mention that you are using an automation tool. While automation tools are allowed as long as they follow LinkedIn guidelines, stating this may affect the verdict regarding account restriction.
Note: Once the restriction is lifted, we highly suggest lessening the number of invites you are sending manually by setting your per day to 10 invites/day and gradually increase it (we recommend you increase by intervals of 10 every week) or setting up the Account Warmup. Read more here - How to use the Account Warmup Feature?
Check this article from LinkedIn - Invitation Restriction
Note: If you have any questions regarding "What is LinkedIn Jail?" , contact us at email@example.com or file a ticket on the top of this page