If you wish to create a new sequence using a CSV file instead of a LinkedIn search, follow the steps below.
Follow the video tutorial or continue reading the knowledge base article.
The process of creating an Invitation Sequence is similar - except this time, you will be using a CSV file instead of a LinkedIn URL search.
Before going through the detailed steps, first prepare your CSV file.
Things to Remember when Preparing the CSV File:
- Cell A1 must have a header description called "LinkedinURL"
- The following rows must only have Linkedin URLs
- All LinkedIn URLs must start with "https://linkedin.com/in/", followed by the person's designated LinkedIn profile tag
- Anything not beginning with "https://linkedin.com/in/" will not be accepted and must be deleted from the CSV file
Steps on How to Create an Invitation Sequence using a CSV File:
- Click "Sequences"
- Click "Add New" on top right hand side of the window
- Click "Invitation Sequence"
- Enter a name for your Invitation Sequence, then click "Next"
- Click "Select saved CSV", and then "Click to Upload CSV File"
- Select the file from your computer/laptop drive and click "Open"
- You will be brought back to the CloudKennect page. Click "Next"
- Build and create your messages on the next page as you would normally do. Click "Submit" when done
Is there a Sample File that I can use?
Yes! You will be able to find a Sample File when setting up your sequence under the "Define Target Audience" section.
What to include on my CSV?
The fields shown in the sample file below are in the accepted format for Kennected. Follow that example before uploading your CSV file.
Note: If you don't have gender, position, or recent post from a prospect then leave the space blank, though the CSV format should remain the same.
The Gender, Position and Recent Post will help you craft a personalized message.
How should I save my file?
Do not use SYMBOLS (‘-_*”$%#!) when saving your file.
Save file as a CSV (Comma delimited) (*.csv)
And then click "Save"
How to keep track of prospects remaining to be processed?
Once you upload your CSV file, click on "CSV Viewer". You will notice three Columns:
- File Name
- Sequence Name
- Remaining to Process
On the top right of that section, you will see “Show (10) Entries”; this refers to the number of URL prospects listed on your CSV file.
How many prospects can I list on my CSV?
There is no limit to how many URLs you can add to your CSV. Just make sure all links are cohesive ( https://) and are prospects' LinkedIn URL profiles (not company profiles).
I had a CSV list of 20, and only 16 received my invite. Why?
Remember that an Invitation Sequence is only for 2nd and 3rd-degree connections. Any 1st degree connections that were in your CSV file would not receive and invitation to connect.
Note: If you have any questions regarding "How to Create an Invitation Sequence Using a CSV file", contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or file a ticket on this page.