Learn how to create invitation sequences to send out connection requests to people you do not currently know on LinkedIn.
Create a Sequence for your 2nd & 3rd Degree Connections
Step 1: Create a New Sequence
- Click on "Add New"
- Select Sequence Type (Invitation Sequence)
- Name the Sequence related to your target audience, select your Working Hours and click "Next"
Step 2: Search for your Target Audience on LinkedIn
- Click on LinkedIn Search or Sales Navigator; the link will redirect you to a LinkedIn tab
- Start your search with quotation marks (") and type the name of the position, company, or keyword that you are targeting
- Enclose the phrase in quotation marks if you want to target a multi-word title and combine keywords with Boolean expressions such as "AND", "NOT", and "OR" during your search
- If you would like to search for prospects with several titles in their profile, use the word "AND"
- If you would like to target different prospects in one search, use the connector "OR"
- If you would like your search to exclude a title, use the connector "NOT"
- Start your search
- Select "People"
- Click on "Connections", click "2nd", and then click "Show results"
- Filter your search by "Location"
- If you would like to filter your target by Industry, Company, Language or Interests, click on "All Filters"
- Once you have defined your target audience on LinkedIn, copy the URL at the top of the webpage
- Paste the URL under "Define Target Audience"
- Press "Enter" on your keyboard and then click "Next"
Step 3: Setup Connection Message and Follow-Up Messages
- Click on "Set Connection Message"
- Type a new message and personalize it with the "Insert Tag" function or select a template you've already created from the template tab
- Your personalized message should resonate with your target audience.
- Click on "Set Follow-up message"
- Create your 1st follow-up message and click "Add"
- If you would like to add a 2nd follow-up, click on "Set Follow-Up Message", create your message, and click "Add"
Step 4: Setup your Delays and Withdraw Connections Request
- Set up your first Delay
The follow-up message will be sent after the setup delay if the invitation to connect was accepted but the target user didn't reply with a message on LinkedIn
- Click on Auto like Recent Post before and set the number of days when the auto like will occur before withdrawing the invite.
- In case your request to connect was not accepted, set up the days before withdrawing the connection request between 5 and 10 days
- Click on "Submit"
- Your sequence is ready to start!
Step 5: Start your Sequence
- Assign a number of invitations to be sent out per day on the column "Per Day Limit"
- If you are running several sequences at a time, your Daily Limit should be distributed between the sequences you will be running
- Start your new sequence
- Your sequence is now Active!
- If you would like to make any changes to your sequence, click on "Pause" under the "Action" column
Caution: Be sure you daily limit across all your sequences is not too excessive. If your account's total connections are too low, you may potentially end up in LinkedIn Jail.
Note: If you have any questions regarding the "Invitation Sequence" feature, contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or file a ticket on the top of this page