Learn how to effectively utilize Kennected's first degree messaging feature and leverage the network you've already built on LinkedIn.
Follow the video tutorial or continue reading the knowledge base article.
Ways to use First Degree Messaging
- Say you posted something on LinkedIn and you wanted to get more eyes on it
- You can copy and paste the link to your post, and send the following message out to your first degree connections: "Hey, I just created this new piece of content, would love to hear your feedback! Thanks in advance."
- Doing the above will draw more attention to your LinkedIn post, help it get more likes, more views, and help it get shared among a broader audience
- If you decide to host a webinar or podcast, and you would like to invite your current network on LinkedIn to attend
- If you're hosting an event in your local area you can invite your current network on LinkedIn using first degree messaging
How to set-up First Degree Messaging
Because you are already connected on LinkedIn, you will no longer be sending out connection messages (such as with an invitation sequence).
Please see the steps below:
- Navigate to the "Sequences" tab, and click on "Add New" from the top left
- Click "Messaging Sequence"
- Enter a name for the first degree messaging sequence then click "Next"
- On the next page, paste the LinkedIn Search link or Sales Navigator Search link, then press "Enter" and click "Next"
- Start your search with quotation marks (") and type the name of the position, company, or keyword that you are targeting. Ex, "CEO". Ensure that you have selected "1st" from the Connections filter drop-down to reflect 1st-degree results, as shown below.
NOTE: Search results should be less than 1000. LinkedIn would only allow us to see people who are in page 1 to page 100, people who are in page 101 moving forward it's inaccessible. Add a location or an industry filter to narrow down your search.
- Click "Set Follow-up message" to commence your message
- Click "Submit" to save
Setting Up Follow-Up Messages
- Since you're reaching out to your existing connections, you will need to set up follow-up messages
- Craft your message, use tags to personalize it and then click "Add"
- If you would like to follow up with them after the first message, click on "Set Follow-Up Message" and then click "Submit"
Start your 1st Degree Messaging Sequence
- Your message sequence will appear below your invitation sequences, and you will notice that the Message limit will be different from your Invites limit
- Enter your Per Day Limit number and click on "Start"
Note: If you have any questions regarding the "First Degree Messaging" feature, contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or file a ticket on the top of this page